This month (june 2001) the Windmill Hill by Stephen Marshall Architects has been inaugurated. The Windmill Hill is a new building complex dedicated as  a research and archive center for Waddesdon and a home for the  Rothschild Foundation. The property, shaped by four generations of the Rothschild family, was given to the National Trust by James de Rothschild in 1957, with the intention to preserve the house and its contents in perpetuity. It is one of the only surviving Rothschild properties, out of the 44 built in the 19th Century, that remains intact and is open for the public to enjoy, and this is a commitment continued by the present Lord Rothschild through the Rothschild Foundation. Pictures © Richard Bryant

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on StumbleUponShare on TumblrShare on RedditDigg thisShare on LinkedInEmail this to someone